Queue/save messages sent when offline/connection dropped
- Connect to core
- Start writing an awesome, long message
- Enable airplane mode (e.g. as if out of signal range)
- Try to send
- Connect to core over high-latency link
- Write a message, send it
- Enable airplane mode before message successfully reaches core
- Messages are queued if sent when offline/connection lost
- Automatically sent when back online
- Prompted to send when back online
- Sending messages is disallowed when offline, visibly disabling the send button
- Something else..?
In either case messages don't send and may disappear. In the latter it can be found in message history.
Queuing messages in the case of connection failing may require core-side changes if it's not possible to know what message ID will be used. It should still be possible to queue messages for reconnect, or otherwise warn of connection loss.