Forced immersive mode results in shifting entire app UI when opening keyboard
- Connect to the device via ADB, or otherwise access an app that allows changing global preferences
- Force system into navigation immersive mode
adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=apps
- Open Quasseldroid, connect to core
- Tap the message input box to reveal the IME/keyboard
- Tap the down arrow to hide the IME/keyboard
- Optional: revert back to normal immersive mode
adb shell settings put global policy_control null
Revealing the keyboard reduces the amount of space available to Quasseldroid's UI, shrinking it down.
Revealing the keyboard shifts the entire Quasseldroid UI upwards, making the ActionBar and upper UI elements inaccessible until the keyboard is hidden.
Tested using Android 10 with Gboard on a Pixel 4 XL.
I suspect this may be a bug with Android itself and not the fault of Quasseldroid. However, other apps (Firefox for Android, non-preview, the Contacts app, YouTube) appear to handle this correctly.